Saturday, November 19, 2005

Prayer after Ordination

You are still writing the book of my life, oh God, and I am still trying to be a faithful scribe. Many people are reading this book and celebrating what you are doing through it. Yesterday I felt the strange sense of knowing that "this is my life" and I joined them in looking at it, celebrating it and experiencing you magnified in the midst of it. It felt uncomfortable and wonderful.

You know the prayer, the song that sings within me. I am a mortal and cannot put words to it. Spirit of God, pray for me, sing the prayer of my life to the Father and let the Son teach me to hear it and share it. Let your creation continue in me, sing your new creation through my dreams and days... and as for those who gathered in ordaining celebration and for all they represented -- Let me lay down my life for these children, these towers and teachers, these priests and poets, these nourishing trees of life, these angels in robes and uniforms and jeans and gym shoes. Let me adore you by loving them. Let me, as fearless and as selfless as you, as fragile and discerning as you Lord Jesus... let me thank them by living a grateful, worshiping life with you.

Jesus -- you are my Lord and my King! Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my university paper, thanks for your excellent points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Laura